You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house
to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices
acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5
Question: What's special about Christchurch?
At one of our summer gatherings we asked some of our people: What's so special about Christchurch?
Worshiping and hanging out
Everybody is welcome
Studying to live
A diversity of people and thought
The best kept secret in Portland
A desire to grow
People who play and serve
Come as you are
Showing each other grace
Serious about study
We share six central affirmations: We believe in...
- the centrality of the word of God,
- the necessity of the new birth,
- a commitment to the whole mission of the Church,
- the Church as a fellowship of believers,
- a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit, and
- the reality of freedom in Christ.
Our roots and vision...
- The Evangelical Covenant Church denomination is a rapidly growing multiethnic denomination in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world.
- Founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrants, the ECC values the Bible as the word of God, the gift of God’s grace and ever-deepening spiritual life that comes through a faith with Jesus Christ, the importance of extending God’s love and compassion to a hurting world, and the strength that comes from unity within diversity.
- For more information about the Covenant denomination, go here.